Friday, December 31, 2010

"G for Gretta"Wings of Glory

Here is the base for my wings.

They are multi-shaded with me using Aluminum,Semi-Matte,and Polished Aluminum lacquers.

I used Tamiya Weathering powder Burnt Blue and Orange on the areas that would be heat stressed.

The soot is Alclad's Jet Exhaust

Next up for them is the Identification stripes on the wingtips

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Selling the Merican Lancers on E-bay

I am selling my Merican Lancer Imperial Guard Rapid Assault Army.

They are the 40k version of American troops

They are part of the Merican Fusiliers who fought with Macharius.

Included are a pair of super detail Leman Russes,a Squadron of Armored Sentenels,and my pride and joy the pro painted Valkrie with the Flying Nun Nose art.

I want to start fresh and to do that some of the old must go.

Here is the link to the Auction that ends Sun the 26th

Saturday, December 18, 2010

G for Gretta Terriffic Turrets

I can say with all honesty this is the most challenging and redone model I have ever worked on.

I stripped it more time than I can count and I even have to redo the bomb bay,but it is all worth it.

I am really rising to the occasion and have added many new skills and products to my arsenal.

I will be really making progress in the net couple of weeks but I wanted to show off the front turret.

I used clear plasticard for the glass which was attached with Micro Krystal Klear clear parts cement/window maker.

Another great use is to fill in aircraft gauges with it to give them an authentic glass feel.
Next up is the empty cockpit detailing

Monday, December 6, 2010

G for Gretta "One step forward,Two steps back"

I have been able to finish a few of the pieces,the smaller things the canopies,turrets,This upper fuselage piece.
But unfortunately the gloss black enamel base is giving me a real hard time.
I got the dread Orange Peel on one wing and the other had the runs.
So using Lacquer Thinner I bought at the Hardware store for $5(Which is the same as the Alclad Airbrush cleaner but you get about a gallon more)
I stripped it back down to the bare resin.

Since I started some of the detail needs to be re attached due to the handling when I was stripping it.
I will go back over the entire thing with the sanding papers again before I re-prime.
This time I will try the alclad brand gloss black and see how that goes.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I though this was supposed to be easy...

I am using gloss black enamel as the base and let me tell you that it is very hard to use until you get the hang of it.
But the airbrush cleaner strips it back to base resin very easy though very messy.

This is a hard project with many do-overs.

Here is a piece that I lifted paint off of when I removed a mask.

I then repainted but went too heavy.

I sanded it back to smooth

Then resprayed and was able to save the piece