Friday, January 15, 2010

Death Guard Rhino







He is a good case of making a old model work for you.

I have a few old Rhinos I bought off a guy a while back.

They look like he painted and put them together with his feet.

I usually only scavenge the hatches but I had one that was not too bad and decided it could become a decent looking Transport.

I gave it a quickie re prime not caring if it was too thick because Nurgle rides look all scuzzy anyway.

Then I base coated boltgun metal which I tinted with beastal brown and hawk turquoise to give it a nice dull weathered metal.

Then I applied liquid mask with a sponge and then gave the model a dusting of Tamiya white spray.

I removed the mask to get a nice chipped effect and applied a weathering powder wash of Tamiya Orange Rust and Rust powders.

I still need to add some extra length to the exhaust pipes.

3 comments:

Mr.Esty said...

I think it looks great :D

Grizzled Gorilla said...

What? You mean your are not suppose to use your feet?
An excellent job of re-using a model that at first appeared beyond use.

Will Wright said...

wait til you see the next two
I really outdid myself
took before opics this time too